Maintaining good oral health is important for overall health and confidence, and plaque is a common problem. Plaque turns to tartar when left alone, it’s formed by accumulated bacteria in your mouth. You may notice it as a hard yellowish layer, also called calculus, on your teeth. Removing tartar usually requires a visit to your dentist, however you can remove it at yourself at home using natural remedies.
– One tbs. of baking soda;
– Half a tsp. of salt;
– Half a cup of hydrogen peroxide;
– One cup of cold water;
– Half a cup of warm water;
First you should mix the salt and the soda and wet the brush with the water. Rub the teeth and spit it out. Repeat the method again. Then, mix the warm water and the hydrogen peroxide and rinse the mouth. Spit it out. Remove the remains of tartar with the toothpick and rinse with cool water. Perform this two times a week and do oil pulling on a daily basis and you will notice amazing results.
Besides these remedies there are a few other things you can implement into your oral health regimen:
– Brushing teeth regularly with a soft brush using vertical strokes. Concentrate on the space where teeth and gums meet.
– Floss regularly to remove food particles and bacteria between your teeth.
– Eating spicy food will also help keep your mouth clean. When you eat spicy food it stimulates your salivary glands, that saliva cleans your mouth naturally.
– Rub an orange peel on your teeth before going to bed and do not rinse off. This will help your teeth fight bacteria.
– Quit smoking, tobacco products contain tar that sticks to your teeth which results in plaque buildup.