Over time, the natural production of oil in the skin is reduced, and it loses its elasticity, leading to fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
Therefore, in order to maintain the optimal look of the skin, you need to replace the lack of oils with other natural oils in order to keep it moisturized and smooth.
Numerous natural oils have potent anti-aging properties, and their use rejuvenates, hydrates, and softens the skin.
These are the 10 best natural oils you can use:
– Coconut oil is one of the most beneficial natural oils. It prevents aging signs, such as age spots and wrinkles, and acts as a natural sunscreen which prevents sun damage.
Add 2 tablespoons of it in your regular diet to prevent age-related diseases and boost overall health. Also, massage the skin with it after showering to keep the skin well-hydrated.
– Olive oil is perfect for rejuvenating the skin and keeping it soft and younger-looking. It is high in fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins E and A, and thus protects against free-radical damage. Warm it a bit and massage the skin for 5-10 minutes every day after showering, to boost blood circulation.
– Argan Oil, extracted from a very unique tree found only in Morocco, is made up of 80 percent fatty acids that help fight free radicals and provide anti-aging benefits.
The vitamins A and E in this oil also help reduce wrinkles, age spots, fine lines and sagging skin. It effectively keeps the skin moisturized and improves the skin’s elasticity. It even protects the skin from oxidative damage from ultraviolet (UV) sunrays.
A 2015 study published in Clinical Interventions in Aging suggests that daily intake and/or topical application of argan oil has an anti-aging effect on the skin, demonstrated by the improvement of skin elasticity.
Argan oil is absorbed quickly by the skin and without leaving any oily residue. Thus, it is suitable for all skin types, including oily and sensitive skin.
– After thoroughly cleansing your skin, apply a few drops of argan oil on your skin and massage gently using circular motions. Do this daily before going to bed.
– Also, include 1 tablespoon of culinary argan oil in your regular diet. Its nutty flavor adds richness to sweet and savory dishes.
– Almond oil can help you prevent the aging of skin and it’s excellent against wrinkles. It contains plenty of vitamins E and K. You just have to rub it on your face and body after you take a bath. Apply some almond oil under your bottom eyelids before you go to bed. In the morning, you’ll notice that the dark bags under your eyes are gone.
– Jojoba oil is one of the most hydrating oils in the world that offers anti-aging benefits. Jojoba oil is very characteristic for containing vitamins E and C.
Massage your skin with blended jojoba in equal amounts. Do this once daily.
– Lavender Essential Oil is also great for aging skin. Lavender is much more than its sweet fragrance and is used extensively on cosmetic products. Is also has antifungal and antiseptic properties which helps treating a number of skin conditions, such as acne and psoriasis. With lavender essential oil you will sleep better at nights.
Add 5 or 6 drops of lavender essential oil to 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel. Massage gently after you apply this on your skin. Wait only 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. We recommend you to do this every day.
– Avocado Oil can keep your skin younger and free from aging signs. It is great for people with dry skin. Avocado oil is very rich in vitamins A and E that help reverse age-related skin damage. It keeps the existing cells and tissues healthy.
– Pomegranate Seed Oil – Another excellent anti-aging oil is pomegranate seed oil. This oil is powerful antioxidant which fights and repairs free-radical damage caused by exposure to the sun and environmental factors that age skin. It has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties that support skin health. You can use it on the face as well as the entire body.
has powerful regenerating properties that prevent skin issues or aging signs. It contains high amounts of vitamin A and E and has strong antioxidant effects which protect against free radical damage to skin cells.
Mix it with honey in equal amounts, and apply the combination to the skin and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes. Repeat on a daily basis.
You can also mix a few drops of it with a tablespoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel, and apply the mixture to the skin. Massage gently for 5 minutes, and leave it to act for 10 more minutes.
– Neem oil has health-promoting as well as anti-aging qualities. It has antioxidant as well as antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Its antioxidant nature protects the skin from environmental toxins that accelerate the aging process.
This oil is also high in polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E, which help rejuvenate skin cells and restore elasticity.
A 2001 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition notes that polyunsaturated fatty acids provide protection to the whole body against damage from UV irradiation.
Vitamin E has an emollient effect on skin and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, age spots and wrinkles.
Neem oil also helps fight off bacteria that cause acne, psoriasis and eczema.
– Mix 1 tablespoon of neem oil in 1/3 cup of lukewarm olive or coconut oil.
– Massage your skin with this mixture for 5 minutes and then leave it on for another 10 minutes. You don’t need to rinse it off.
– Do this once daily before going to bed.
Note: Before using anything of the things listed above, do a patch test to rule out the possibility of developing an allergic reaction.