Our body has 365 points and 12 major meridians, but this point is one of the most important!
- According to an old Japanese legend, a man was lucky enough to get a invaluable knowledge from his father. His father taught him about this Longevity Point of a hundred diseases.
Following the instructions of his father, the young man massaged this point every day and lived long enough to see the birth and death of several emperors.
As i mentioned our body has 365 points and 12 major meridians, which as you can see are the exact numbers of the days and months in a year.
- All these points can be treated with acupressure, a finger pressure on certain points, based on the teaching about meridians and channels connected to corresponding organs in the body. In Chinese medicine human body is considered as an energy system, and massaging its points affects the flow of energy and the function of each organ.
Stimulate the Zu San Li point to heal and rejuvenate your body, and prevent aging. For Chinese, it is “the point of longevity,” and Japanese call it “the point of a hundred diseases.”
Where is the magical (Zu San Li) point located on our body?
This point is located below the kneecap. Put your hand on your knee, right hand on right knee, left hand on left knee. The point is located between the ends of your ring finger and the pinky, between the bones.
There is another way to locate this point. Sit on the floor, and strongly press your feet on the ground in from of you. Don’t raise the heels from the floor. Check the area below your knee that is slightly higher. Locate its highest point, and press your finger against it and this is your Zu San Li point.
Why do Japanese call it “The point of hunder diseases?”
Controls the work of the organs in your lower body. Regulates the parts of the spinal chord responsible for the proper function of the gastrointestinal and digestive tract, reproductive system, kidneys, and adrenal glands.
With massage of the Zu San Li point you can increase the function of the adrenal glands, the most essential glands when it comes to protecting your health. They bring adrenaline, hydrocortisone and other essential hormones in blood.
This is what will happen if you massage “the point of longevity” every day
Regulation of glucose, insulin Suppression of inflammation Regulation of immunit Stimulate digestion Treat gastrointestinal diseases Treat damages caused by stroke
A simple massage of this point will give you more confidence and inner balance, relieve stress and tension.It can also help you treat many health conditions, including impotence, hiccups, constipation, gastritis, urinary incontinence.
How to affect the Zu San Li point?
You should massage “the point of longevity” in the morning, before your lunch. Repeat a circular motion clockwise for 9 times on each leg, alternately, (meaning 9 times on one leg, 9 time on the other). Massage the point for 10 minutes in total.
It is very important to relax before you start massaging the Zu San Li point, and it is better if you sit. Breathe and focus on your feelings. Enter a zone of harmony and be aware of the beginning of your healing process. Massaging your Zu San Li point has a stimulating effect.
- For massage you can use your fingers or grain cereals like buckwheat, oats, rice, etc. Garlic cloves help as well. Cut a clove in half, and secure it on the point for 1-2 hours, or until the skin turns red.
If you want to lose weight massage the Zu San Li point in the evening. This will help you lose 400-500 grams a week. Be careful, because massaging this point before bedtime can cause insomnia.
8 days before the New Moon massage your point in the morning, on each leg, clockwise. This is the best time, as it will strengthen your immune system, improve the function of your organs and slow down aging.
- Massage each leg alternately before lunch. It will improve general tone, memory, cardiovascular and digestive health.
- After lunch massage the both legs to relieve stress, nervousness, and irritability, headache, and sleeping disorders.
- In the evening, massage both legs counterclockwise to boost metabolism and lose weight.